Turkey Creek Free Will Baptist Church
Growing lessons for Christians
Being saved is the most important thing you have done in your life. Now you MUST grow in the grace and knowledge of God. You want to avoid being as one that has sprung up quickly and then allowing the cares of this world choke you to an early spiritual death.
1. As a new Christian you are considered to be what? (1 Pet 2:2 KJV) As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
(1 Pet 2:3 KJV) If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
2. Milk and Meat are used here as symbolic of Christian growth . The condition of one needing milk after a long period of time is. (Heb 5:12 KJV) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
3. What type of Christian would be able to eat the Meat of the word? What should one be able to discern between as you study the bible? What is the reason Christian folks don't witness, work, tithe and give themselves freely to Gods service? (Heb 5:11 KJV) Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
(Heb 5:12 KJV) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
(Heb 5:13 KJV) For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
(Heb 5:14 KJV) But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
(Heb 6:1 KJV) Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
4. The command given for us to be approved can be found in Timothy and is important for us to follow. (2 Tim 2:15 KJV) Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(2 Tim 2:16 KJV) But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
5. How often should we read the Bible? Lets start right now and set a schedule that is possible to follow to start reading Gods Word. M____ T_____ W_____ Th_____F____S____Su________
6. How important is it to your life to do what the Word says to do? ____________________
List the things after this lession you feel you need help with. ________________________